Green Guerillas asked us to act as creative and marketing consultants and be co-producers of an environmental film festival inWe had limited time and resources in which to both market the event and to produce it.
MKCREATIVE co-developed a strategic marketing campaign with the client to leverage client follower relationships. Our strategy involved designing and developing print, online, and video materials and then supporting these materials with a concerted and high-profile traditional marketing and social media campaign.
MKCREATIVE also produced the film festival providing staff, crew, equipment, etc. to ensure the event went off smoothly.
As a result of our integrated and strategic approach to promoting and producing the film-festival, we were able to deliver the following:
- A very successful event. Attendees were canvassed and their contact details recorded for future film-festival invitations.
- The social media campaign resulted in the Facebook page generating a significant number of “Likes” and commitments to attend the event. Page Likes went from 980 at the beginning of the campaign in June to nearly 1500 by the day of the event.
- Facebook ads created for the event had over 249,000 impressions for a total of 1120 clicks in just over six weeks
- Website visits grew from 750 visitors/week to over 1250 visitors/week as a result of the integrated Twitter, Facebook, and e-newsletter campaigns. 67% of these visitors were visiting the client website for the first time.
- The client was thrilled with the attendance figures, publicity generated around the festival, and with how well the actual screenings and the filmmaker Q&A went. The client committed to further, larger, events in the future.
Samples of of the marketing and festival materials include: