Green Guerillas asked us to act as creative agency, marketing consultants, and co-producers of an enviromental film festival in New York City. We had limited time and resources in which to both market the event and to produce it.
MKCREATIVE developed a strategic marketing campaign to leverage client and co-host/sponsor relationships. Our strategy involved designing and developing print, online, and video materials and then supporting these materials with a concerted and high-profile traditional marketing and social media campaign.
MKCREATIVE also produced the film festival providing staff, crew, equipment, etc. to ensure the event went off smoothly.
As a result of our integrated and strategic approach to promoting and producing the film-festival, we were able to deliver the following:
- A very successful, but over-subscribed event, with many late-arrivals unable to enter the venue. These individuals were canvassed and their contact details recorded for future film-festival use.
- The social media campaign resulted in the (newly-created) Facebook page going from zero to 152 followers, zero to 152 “Likes”; and 240 active users in just over six weeks.
- The social media campaign resulted in the (newly-created) Twitter page going from zero to 59 followers in just over six weeks.
- Facebook ads created for the event had over 526,000 impressions for a total of 220 clicks (CPM of $0.38) in just over six weeks
- Wesbite visits grew from 200 visitors/week to over 750 visitors/week as a result of the integrated Twitter, Facebook, and e-newsletter campaigns. 75% of these visitors were visiting the client website for the first time.
- The website signup email subscription list grew from 3 to 162 signups over the life of the six week campaign
- Co-hosts saw unprecedented interest in their programs and services and were able to sign-up a record number of individuals to their contact lists
- Co-hosts raised a significant amount of donations from first-time visitors to the film festival
- The client was thrilled with the attendance figures, donations raised, publicity generated around the festival, and with how well the actual screenings and filmmaker Q&As went. The client committed to further, larger, events in the future as a result of MKCREATIVE’s ability to exceed their expectations.