We call your attention to such metrics as the fact that 35% of all online giving in 2011 came through email, whereas all other platforms together made up the other 65%. Therefore, email remains the single biggest tool in a nonprofit’s outreach toolbox, but it should not be considered the only tool. But how to be successful with email?
Email outreach should be simple and with a clear call to action. It also should be systematic and professional: develop a branded email that makes it visually identifiable as soon as it’s opened. Emphasize calls to action to engage your audience, and provide the necessary nuts-and-bolts that show you have met expectations and standards (like providing the ability to unsubscribe).
Here is a great video to get you thinking about your nonprofit’s next email campaign. It comes to us from DotMailer.org:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Even for the younger generation, email (probably through a mobile device) remains a critical part of information gathering and online social activity. Your nonprofit should be keeping up the emails, even as you develop your presence on the other social media platforms.