- The median email list grew 20%; but the annual email list churn is 18% (8% unsubscribes).
- Online fundraising grew 14% in one year. But international disaster aid drove that, with 163% growth.
- Open rates on fundraising email fell 19%, to 0.08%; open rates for advocacy fell 7%, to 3.3%. (Hint: try fund appeals to advocacy respondents)
- 90% of online donations are one-time gifts.
- The average organization sent 3.6 emails per subscriber per month (6 in December).
- For every 1,000 email list names, there are an average 110 Facebook fan page users and 19 Twitter followers.
Guest blogger Don Akchin writes frequently about marketing and philanthropy at